Louis C.K. may have a future as a career counselor. In a recent interview on Conan, the comic explained that the he’s figured out the worst possible career choice: dance.
“Dancing is really inspiring to watch,” C.K. told Conan O’Brien and Andy Richter in a conversation on Conan. “[But] it’s a terrible life choice,” said the comic. “It’s the worst available career choice.”
As O’Brien and Richter laughed at the fervor of his career advice, C.K. tried to explain. “It’s a massive amount of dedication followed by giving up. They all have to give up. Because there are three dance jobs on the Planet Earth,” he said. In short, dance is “stupid for their lives, wonderful for ours.”
C.K. didn’t hold back on doling out career advice to other artists, either. “Don’t be a musician,” he said, before gesturing at the Conan house band: “This is not their dream, none of them.” While the band mulled over his statement, C.K. continued by noting that being in a band was still better than being a dancer.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk