Louis C.K. may have a future as a career counselor. In a recent interview on Conan, the comic explained that the he’s figured out the worst possible career choice: dance.
“Dancing is really inspiring to watch,” C.K. told Conan O’Brien and Andy Richter in a conversation on Conan. “[But] it’s a terrible life choice,” said the comic. “It’s the worst available career choice.”
As O’Brien and Richter laughed at the fervor of his career advice, C.K. tried to explain. “It’s a massive amount of dedication followed by giving up. They all have to give up. Because there are three dance jobs on the Planet Earth,” he said. In short, dance is “stupid for their lives, wonderful for ours.”
C.K. didn’t hold back on doling out career advice to other artists, either. “Don’t be a musician,” he said, before gesturing at the Conan house band: “This is not their dream, none of them.” While the band mulled over his statement, C.K. continued by noting that being in a band was still better than being a dancer.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart