During her first high-profile appearance since announcing that she planned to “take some time off” in August, Selena Gomez delivered a speech at Sunday’s American Music Awards that was met with acclaim by her fellow stars.
The 24-year-old singer’s acceptance speech for Favorite Female Pop/Rock Artist — which touted the importance of mental health — earned praise from many in the audience, including Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande.
Gaga took to Instagram to show her support for Gomez, posting a photo of the two embracing backstage. “So dope I got to hang with the biggest rockstar of the night. (Ya,know besides Sting and Green Day),” she wrote. “The girl with the biggest prize of all a BIG Heart that she shares with the world.”
Even Taylor Swift — who didn’t attend the awards show — shared a video of herself cheering on her longtime friend.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This