We’re always intrigued by natural alternatives to our regular beauty rituals, but some of the seemingly wild internet hacks are more successful than others.
The latest rogue mission is in the name of hair color, with women actually using their daily Dunkin’ Donuts coffee to dye their strands. According to Yahoo Beauty, here’s how it goes down: Brew your DD coffee, then allow it to cool completely. Next women shampoo their hair, then mix the cooled java with two cups of conditioner until smooth. Apply to strands (cover those roots) and let sit for an hour. Supposedly when you rinse you’ll be left with the color of your roasted coffee dreams.
We haven’t tried this budget-friendly shortcut to hair color, but we’d be lying if we didn’t admit to some skepticism. While we totally believe it has worked for some, it feels like too much of a gamble. With our luck, we’d have all kinds of uneven color throughout our mane. And while smelling like our favorite morning beverage feels like a plus, still seems risky. We’ll stick to drinking our coffee, instead of applying it to our hair.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body