Actress and model Cara Delevingne is known for speaking up about causes she believes in, so she certainly wasn’t out of place at Glamour Magazine’s Women of the Year Awards this month. Reflecting on the ceremony, Delevingne said it was important for strong women to come together, especially now.
She said the awards ceremony was specifically meaningful because of the personal anecdotes attendees shared. “Hearing those incredible stories of what people go through, we all need to be leaders for the future of young girls, it’s so important. They are the future! I met so many amazing women, like Nadia Murad and Simone Biles, and heard so many sad stories, but it’s also uplifting. It means there’s hope.”
And the main message? “It makes you realize how much we still have to do and stick together, especially now,” she said.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow