Letters spelling Donald Trump’s name have been removed from three New York City apartment buildings, following Trump’s election win.
Crews removed gold letters spelling “Trump Place” from a residential building in Manhattan on Wednesday after hundreds signed a petition demanding the building drop the president-elect’s last name.
“It will be like a breath of fresh air, walking down Riverside Boulevard not being embarrassed by the ‘Trump Dump’ name,” Marjorie Jacobs, a resident of one of the buildings said. “We knew that we did not feel safe with his name on the building.”
Gifts: The 100 Most Influential Images of All Time
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space