The animals’ owner led them to safety on Tuesday by creating a passageway once the area was deemed stable from landslides, according to CNN. “It was a difficult exercise,” farmer Derrick Millton said. “We dug a path for them, and once they realized what was happening they meandered their way across to safety.”
The cows’ plight made international headlines after a helicopter captured footage of the two adults and a calf perched atop a small piece of land. The rest of the field the cows were standing on collapsed in landslides on Monday.
The cows’ conditions are unclear.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow