Students around the country walked out of their schools to protest the election of Donald Trump on Monday.
Carrying signs that said “Rise Up” and “Together We Stand” and waving Mexican and American flags, Los Angeles student protestors marched several blocks, CNN reported.
On the other side of the country, students in Silver Spring, Maryland marched through the city starting from a high school football field. Similar walkouts were also reported in Oregon.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out