President Obama and President-elect Donald Trump met in the Oval Office Thursday for a wide-ranging 90-minute conversation about how the White House works.
Afterward, the two spoke briefly to a group of reporters. Here is a complete transcript.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space