British department store John Lewis is famed for its Christmas adverts, and 2016’s version carries on the retailer’s tradition of heart-warming tales.
The two-minute-long commercial introduces us to “a little girl called Bridget, who loves to bounce”, and her dog, Buster the Boxer. As Bridget’s dad carefully builds a trampoline in the family’s garden on a snowy evening, Buster looks longingly out of the window, wishing he too could bounce on the Christmas present intended for Bridget. Eventually, he grabs his chance.
Although the TV advert sets the festive mood, some commentators have noted that it’s more humorous than previous tear-jerking campaigns from the store, with one writer even likening the storyline to the U.S. presidential election.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk