With Vice President Joe Biden at his side, Obama offered congratulations to the Republican president-elect and called for a smooth transition of power.
“We are now all rooting for his success in uniting and leading the country,” Obama said.
Here is a full transcript of his remarks:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time