The miraculous thing about the original Dishonored, studio Arkane’s bleak first-person prowler, is that you can finish it without offing a soul.
There’s an achievement for doing so, in fact. I’m not saying it’s a cakewalk, but therein lies the allure. All those lovely, lethal gadgets and supernatural talents beckon, but so does the tactical appeal of methodically studying then pulling off elaborate infiltration schemes and micro-heists.
You wouldn’t know that from the launch trailer, which lays on the bloody cam-kill animations as the optionally female protagonist wreaks havoc on an array of malefactors, villains and thugs. Fear not: I assume that’s just the marketing department voting up the hare over the tortoise. But not only do you not have to butcher anyone in Dishonored 2, you can also win a prize for not loosing any of your magic abilities.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption