Donald Trump defeated Hillary Clinton early Wednesday morning to become the 45th president of the United States, receiving 276 electoral college votes to her 218. The Republican nominee’s victory is being called the biggest election upset in U.S. history and has sparked an outpouring of reactions — both positive and negative —across social media.
Those speaking out online include celebrity supporters of the Clinton campaign, many of whom have taken to Twitter and Instagram to offer advice to voters who were hoping for a different outcome.
There are pleas for love and tolerance.
And reminders that the world goes on.
Some are advocating for more activism.
While others are encouraging a period of personal reflection.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time