Stephen Colbert was on fine form Tuesday on his Showtime election night special: Democracy’s Series Finale Who’s Going To Clean Up This Sh-t?
As the votes poured in to decide who will be America’s next President — Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton — Colbert had a few things to say about the election.
“Right now the election is too close to call and too terrifying to contemplate,” he said. “It feels like we are trying to avoid the apocalypse, and half the country are voting for the asteroid.”
After a brief and touching monologue about how important the election was for women all over the country and abroad, he focused his target on Donald Trump.
Colbert then played a montage of his censored moments from his show on CBS, but now in all their uncensored glory. Watch the clip above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve