Stephen Colbert was on fine form Tuesday on his Showtime election night special: Democracy’s Series Finale Who’s Going To Clean Up This Sh-t?
As the votes poured in to decide who will be America’s next President — Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton — Colbert had a few things to say about the election.
“Right now the election is too close to call and too terrifying to contemplate,” he said. “It feels like we are trying to avoid the apocalypse, and half the country are voting for the asteroid.”
After a brief and touching monologue about how important the election was for women all over the country and abroad, he focused his target on Donald Trump.
Colbert then played a montage of his censored moments from his show on CBS, but now in all their uncensored glory. Watch the clip above.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time