It’s an exciting day for the Trump family. And like millions of Americans, members of Republican nominee Donald Trump‘s family visited their respective polling places to cast their ballots for their father, husband or father-in-law. But two photos from their outings on Election Day caused a stir.
Photographers at the yellow-walled high school gymnasium where Trump voted, PS-59 in New York, caught the presidential nominee in an awkward scene that appears to show him looking at the ballot box that his wife, Melania, is standing at as she looks down to fill out her ballot. Footage from this scene aired on CNN.
Photographers at the 53rd Street Library also caught Eric Trump, one of Trump’s children, in a similar position as his wife, Lara, voted in her booth. Afterward, Eric Trump, in a bid to celebrate the day, tweeted and deleted a ballot box selfie showing his vote for his father. Selfies at the ballot box are not allowed in New York.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time