Two bare-chested women stormed the midtown New York City polling place where Donald Trump cast his vote on Tuesday, in protest of the Republican candidate.
The women arrived at the site just after 8:15 a.m. local time, where they ripped open their shifts to reveal messages for written on themselves and yelled an obscene chant in reference to Trump’s lewd comments about grabbing women “by the p-ssy”, People reports. Less than a minute later, they were escorted out by police officers.
One women had “Trump, grab your balls” written in black paint across her chest and stomach, and the other had “Hate out of my polls”. Both had “Femen USA” written on their arms—a shoutout to the feminist activist group. The New York Police Department confirmed to TIME that, at the time of writing, the two women were in custody pending charges.
The incident took place around three hours before Trump arrived to vote, which was shortly before 11 a.m. local time. He was met with both cheers and boos, ABC News reported, and bought a cupcake from two children selling bakes goods inside the polling station, telling them “you make a little profit, O.K.?”.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This