Two bare-chested women stormed the midtown New York City polling place where Donald Trump cast his vote on Tuesday, in protest of the Republican candidate.
The women arrived at the site just after 8:15 a.m. local time, where they ripped open their shifts to reveal messages for written on themselves and yelled an obscene chant in reference to Trump’s lewd comments about grabbing women “by the p-ssy”, People reports. Less than a minute later, they were escorted out by police officers.
One women had “Trump, grab your balls” written in black paint across her chest and stomach, and the other had “Hate out of my polls”. Both had “Femen USA” written on their arms—a shoutout to the feminist activist group. The New York Police Department confirmed to TIME that, at the time of writing, the two women were in custody pending charges.
The incident took place around three hours before Trump arrived to vote, which was shortly before 11 a.m. local time. He was met with both cheers and boos, ABC News reported, and bought a cupcake from two children selling bakes goods inside the polling station, telling them “you make a little profit, O.K.?”.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time