Two bare-chested women stormed the midtown New York City polling place where Donald Trump cast his vote on Tuesday, in protest of the Republican candidate.
The women arrived at the site just after 8:15 a.m. local time, where they ripped open their shifts to reveal messages for written on themselves and yelled an obscene chant in reference to Trump’s lewd comments about grabbing women “by the p-ssy”, People reports. Less than a minute later, they were escorted out by police officers.
One women had “Trump, grab your balls” written in black paint across her chest and stomach, and the other had “Hate out of my polls”. Both had “Femen USA” written on their arms—a shoutout to the feminist activist group. The New York Police Department confirmed to TIME that, at the time of writing, the two women were in custody pending charges.
The incident took place around three hours before Trump arrived to vote, which was shortly before 11 a.m. local time. He was met with both cheers and boos, ABC News reported, and bought a cupcake from two children selling bakes goods inside the polling station, telling them “you make a little profit, O.K.?”.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror