Passengers strapped in on a commercial flight in Mexico lived out a Hollywood nightmare straight from Snakes on a Plane when a snake slithered along and then dangled from the cabin ceiling.
Flight carrier Aeromexico told the Associated Press that the serpent was found Sunday during a flight to Mexico City from Torreon.
A video posted to Twitter shows the bright green snake moving along the plane wall behind an overhead luggage compartment before dropping down into the cabin and dangling from the plane’s ceiling. According to Aeromexico, the flight received priority landing in Mexico City where workers “secured the reptile.”
It was unclear how the snake ended up on the plane. The airline said it is investigating how the snake got there and taking measures to make sure it does not happen again.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time