Piper, an adorable Pixar short showing in theaters along with Finding Dory, tells the story of a young sandpiper who fears the sea so much that it makes finding food especially challenging.
In the computer-animated film, the hungry young bird attempts to be independent and join her fellow sandpipers on the shoreline to scavenge for scraps, but it becomes afraid when a large wave crashes on top of her. Not to be vanquished, the bird learns to lean in to the sea—and discovers the riches it has to offer.
Now that Finding Dory is available to rent, Piper has found its way online. Check out the film below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mahita Gajanan at firstname.lastname@example.org