Let’s celebrate Facebook’s 10th birthday with a fun fact. Ready? Here it is: in America, more people now check Facebook than read the Bible on a daily basis.
Facebook says it has 757 million daily active users worldwide, the Associated Press reports. Of those, 19 percent are from the United States or Canada, so that’s 143 million daily users across North America. And according to the latest polling numbers, there are about 40 million U.S. adults reading the Bible each day. Even those of us with poor math skills know that 40 million is a much smaller number than 143 million.
Of course, there are probably plenty of people who read both Facebook AND the Bible each day, and those people are probably the ones sharing biblical quotes in your newsfeed all the time.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This