Marvel’s Doctor Strange dazzled audiences on its opening weekend, pulling in $85 million.
The Benedict Cumberbatch superhero movie maintained a trend of Marvel films dominating the box office, though it did not top the opening weekends of Iron Man ($98.6 million) and Guardians of the Galaxy ($94.3 million).
The animated musical Trolls came in second at the box office, with $45.6 million, while Hacksaw Ridge took third with $14.8 million.
Rounding out the top five scores at the box office, Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween took $7.8 million, with $65 million total after 17 days, and Inferno drew $6.3 million, with $26.1 million total in its second weekend.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time