If there’s one lesson to be learned from the finale of How I Met Your Mother, it’s that the show was never really about the Mother at all.
Perhaps it doesn’t come as a complete shock, since it took a whopping eight seasons before Cristin Milioti’s character was revealed as the Mother, but the show ends with Ted rekindling his romance with Robin via a blue French horn.
While not everyone was pleased with the show’s ending (which included a few other surprises), it certainly got people talking — “Ted and Robin” was trending on Twitter Monday night, along with #HIMYMFinale and the show itself.
Watch the video above to see what happened.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving