Kala Brown, 30, told authorities that Todd Christopher Kohlhepp—a 45-year-old registered sex offender who has been arrested in connection with the incident—shot and killed her boyfriend and locked her inside a container for about two months, the Associated Press reports.
“She told us this individual did kill him in her presence,” prosecutor Barry Barnette said at Kohlhepp’s bond hearing in court.
Barnette also said an unidentified body has been found on the property where Brown was held captive.
Brown and her 32-year-old boyfriend Charles Carver went missing in late August. Carver is still missing.
No bond was set for Kohlhepp, and the matter was referred to circuit court, according to the AP.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This