Kala Brown, 30, told authorities that Todd Christopher Kohlhepp—a 45-year-old registered sex offender who has been arrested in connection with the incident—shot and killed her boyfriend and locked her inside a container for about two months, the Associated Press reports.
“She told us this individual did kill him in her presence,” prosecutor Barry Barnette said at Kohlhepp’s bond hearing in court.
Barnette also said an unidentified body has been found on the property where Brown was held captive.
Brown and her 32-year-old boyfriend Charles Carver went missing in late August. Carver is still missing.
No bond was set for Kohlhepp, and the matter was referred to circuit court, according to the AP.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time