Benedict Cumberbatch is an Oscar-nominated actor, so when he stopped by The Tonight Show during his Doctor Strange press tour, Jimmy Fallon had no choice but to ask him to join him for the latest installment of Mad Lib Theater.
In advance of their theater performance, Fallon asked Cumberbatch to help him play a game of Mad-Libs, asking for a series of exclamations, adjectives, names, plural object, a number and body parts (little toe, Benedict?). The pair then inserted the chosen Cumberbatch words into a script that transformed the hodgepodge of responses into a very dramatic scene that they acted out together.
The scene unfolded in a police interrogation room with Cumberbatch (with his American accent) playing cop to Fallon’s suspected egg robber inexplicably named “Mrs. Tate.” Their play got sillier and sillier as it went along. While Fallon is known for his inability to avoid breaking character (they sang an entire song about it on SNL), even Cumberbatch couldn’t avoid cracking up while trying to recite patently ridiculous lines about “gyrating half a millimeter from the crime scene.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World