Speaking in front of decorated veterans at a foreign-policy focused rally, Trump said members of the military are “so much braver” than he is.
“They’re so much braver than me. I wouldn’t have done what they did,” Trump said, going off-script in a foreign-policy focused address Thursday evening in Selma, NC. “I’m brave in other ways. I’m financially brave.”
The Republican nominee also argued that the ongoing investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was Secretary of State should make the military wary of promoting her to Commander-in-Chief. “Service members here in North Carolina have risked their lives to acquire classified intelligence to protect America,” he said in his prepared remarks “Hillary thought nothing of putting classified information on her illegal server which our enemies could easily hack.”
“To think of her being their boss, I don’t think so,” Trump said.
Trump and Clinton both campaigned in crucial North Carolina Thursday, where a Real Clear Politics poll average currently has Trump up by just one point.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement