Reynolds appeared on Conan’s late night show and presented a list of fake things he was there to “promote” as part of a game, including ham underwear and Reynolds Wrap. The last project he listed was The Notebook 2, starring himself rather than the first Notebook’s Ryan (Gosling), along with Conan “McAdams.”
“Remember that vacation we took in Tijuana a few years ago?” Reynolds asked O’Brien. “We split that bottle of absinthe? Well, we fell in love, and I filmed it.”
They then cut to the trailer, which featured Reynolds and O’Brien in the famous rain scene. Watch the full clip above, including the seemingly endless 22-second kiss.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Julia Zorthian at firstname.lastname@example.org