The latest emoji update, however, definitely nails the emotional range of this year, as it includes a face palm gesture as a part of its new additions.
According to Emojipedia, the 72 new emoji will be available as a part of Apple’s iOS 10.2 software update, which they released as a beta version on Tuesday morning.
In addition to the face palm, users will now also be able to use a shrug emoji and one of a hand taking a picture. There are also additions to the professions section, where users can now select scientists, astronauts, chef, and teacher.
However, what might get emoji enthusiasts the most excited for the new update (besides the face palm) are the food additions. Now users will be able to use emoji of bacon, pancakes, avocado, salad, and even glasses of milk.
While Apple has not released the date of the official iOS 10.2 drop, the new emoji are expected to arrive in November.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption