Both Eddie Redmayne and Benedict Cumberbatch are playing characters with magical powers in their respective upcoming films — Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Doctor Strange — but in real life, the pair can only manage some simple sleight of hand.
During Friday’s episode of The Graham Norton Show, Redmayne asked for his co-guests help executing a trick that involved a “totally ordinary” coloring book. After Bryan Cranston assisted with the first half of the ruse, Redmayne handed Cumberbatch his Fantastic Beasts wand to perform the grand finale.
Watch the full clip below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving