Are you known for wearing nothing but a gym sock in public, whipping out wild bass licks, playing unplugged instruments at the Super Bowl and winning seven Grammy Awards? If you fit that bill, you should definitely write a memoir.
Currently, however, there’s only one man who fits that description: Michael Balzary, better known as Flea, the bassist and founding member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Grand Central Publishing just announced that they have acquired his memoir, which sounds good: there’s little doubt that he has a story or two to tell.
According to the press release Flea’s memoir, which he is apparently writing himself, will cover topics including:
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022