The dignified Alex Trebek has been hosting Jeopardy! since 1984, but just when we think we’ve seen it all from the seasoned TV star, he goes and… raps lyrics from a Drake song. On Wednesday night’s episode, Trebek was reading out a question in the “Musical Acts” category—as he is wont to do—and soon found himself slipping into the lyrical groove of popular song “Jumpman,” bcause the question was seeking to identify the artist rapping the line.
“Jumpman, Jumpman, them boys up to somethin’/ uh uh uh, I think I need some Robitussin,” Trebek sang out. This isn’t the first time he’s rapped on air; MC Hammer, the Notorious B.I.G. and more have gotten the Trebek treatment, not to mention a number of other musical stars from Rihanna to Taylor Swift.
As Twitter user Jack Fennell noted, Trebek did forget one of the “Jumpmans” in his otherwise flawless reading. Thankfully, the contestant was not confused by this mistake, and correctly identified the rapper in question: Drake, of course. (“Jumpman” is a reference to basketball legend Michael Jordan. The song appears on the 2015 collaboration mixtape between Drake and Future, What a Time to Be Alive.)
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Raisa Bruner at firstname.lastname@example.org