Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump stepped away from the campaign trail to open a hotel in Washington, D.C., but politics wasn’t too far away.
In a speech at the opening of his new hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue, Trump linked its success to his presidential ambitions directly,
“Today is a metaphor for what we can accomplish for this country,” he said.
Read a full transcript of his remarks.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement