The Chicago Cubs may have lost to the Cleveland Indians 6-0 in Tuesday’s game one of the 2016 World Series, but their championship run isn’t destined to end now — at least according to one fan’s 23-year-old yearbook quote.
In an image that has gone viral since it was posted on Twitter by user Thomas J. Dale, 1993 Mission Viejo High School senior Michael Lee’s prediction that the Cubbies would go on to achieve their long-awaited victory in this very year can be seen below his class photo. “Chicago Cubs. 2016 World Champions. You heard it here first,” the inscription reads.
And for those with any doubt that the photo is real, check out the video below.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive