So much for going gentle into that good night. Hugh Jackman’s razor-clawed antihero is back in the new trailer for Logan, the third installment of the Wolverine film series.
Set to the sounds of Johnny Cash’s cover of Nine Inch Nails’ “Hurt,” the trailer finds Logan looking uncharacteristically grizzled and scarred, as his famous healing factor ain’t what it used to be. More than anything, the X-Men alum is weary from a life of fighting.
“Charles, the world is not the same as it was,” he grumbles to an even more aged Professor X (Patrick Stewart). “Mutants — they’re gone now.”
Alas, a hero’s work is never done. As the trailer shows, Logan crosses paths with a young girl who Charles says is like him, and those old claws get unleashed once more.
Directed by James Mangold, Logan opens March 3, 2017. Watch the new footage above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow