Kate Middleton’s grandmother-in-law is demanding lower hemlines. According to Britain’s Mail on Sunday, Queen Elizabeth II asked Kate Middleton to ditch the short skirts in favor of more conservative outfits.
Middleton will “deploy a couture wardrobe of day dresses with lower hemlines than she has previously favoured” on an upcoming trip to Australia, the Mail reports. The queen has even lent her the services of her most trusted staff members to dress the Duchess in a less provocative manner.
Fans of the fashionable Pippa Middleton, rest assured, Her Majesty likely has little say over the sartorial decisions of Kate’s sis.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time