It’s been a year of conflicting fan love for Justin Bieber; the enfant terrible and face tattoo advocate of pop music who made headlines after he told fans he would no longer be taking pictures with them them and later, by deleting his Instagram.
Now the Biebs has upset some fans by urging them not to scream at his concerts as he even stormed off stage when his audience wouldn’t stop screaming during song breaks during his Sunday concert in Manchester, England.
“I appreciate all the support, I appreciate love I appreciate the kind things,” he said, according to People. “But the screaming in these breaks has got to stop. Please and thank you. I don’t think it’s necessary when I’m trying to say something and you guys are screaming.”
Bieber then dropped his microphone and left the stage, amid boos from the crowd, BBC reported.
He did eventually return to resume the concert.
Watch Bieber walk out during the performance below.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org