It may not officially be winter yet but the weather conditions are dreary enough in Game of Thrones’ filming locations for the cast to be hard at work filming season 7. But it’s not all business on set.
While the people of Westeros were busy preparing for the coming onslaught of the White Walkers this weekend in the fictional world of the show, their offscreen counterparts were celebrating a more joyous occasion: Emilia Clarke’s birthday.
The now 30-year-old actress — who plays Daenerys Targaryen — took to Instagram Sunday with a photo of the festivities, sharing a picture in which she stood between two people — presumably showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss based on her caption — dressed in Dora the Explorer and SpongeBob SquarePants costumes. “Please note: THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS,” she joked. “And show runners. And a brand new thirty year old. And Jon Snow’s mum.”
Nathalie Emmanuel — who plays Dany’s right-hand woman Missandei — also marked Clarke’s special day online, posting a throwback selfie of her and her costar. “Happy birthday to my lovely friend @emilia_clarke… have a wonderful day (not waking up at 4.30am),” she wrote. “And enjoy being around those who love you. May lots of giggles be had…”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time