The NFL’s Jerick McKinnon, a running back for the Minnesota Vikings, paid tribute to Harambe—the gorilla shot and killed at the Cincinatti Zoo in May—through a pair of impressive purple cleats.
Wearing cleats featuring Harambe’s face and body and the words “RIP Harambe,” McKinnon warmed up on the field before playing the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.
The Vikings have previously voiced support for the gorilla, whose death has sparked a spate of memes, and yelled, “Spoons out for Harmbe” while getting hyped up before a game last month. The team tweeted a photo of McKinnon’s cleat on Sunday.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization