The NFL’s Jerick McKinnon, a running back for the Minnesota Vikings, paid tribute to Harambe—the gorilla shot and killed at the Cincinatti Zoo in May—through a pair of impressive purple cleats.
Wearing cleats featuring Harambe’s face and body and the words “RIP Harambe,” McKinnon warmed up on the field before playing the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday.
The Vikings have previously voiced support for the gorilla, whose death has sparked a spate of memes, and yelled, “Spoons out for Harmbe” while getting hyped up before a game last month. The team tweeted a photo of McKinnon’s cleat on Sunday.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve