Former head of the Republican Party Michael Steele said Thursday he will not be voting for Donald Trump.
Speaking at a dinner in San Francisco, Steele said, “I will not be voting for Clinton. I will not be voting for Trump either,” Buzzfeed reports. He elaborated on why he will not cast a ballot for Trump: he said Trump has “captured that racist underbelly, that frustration, that angry underbelly of American life and gave voice to that.”
“I was damn near puking during the debates,” Steele added.
Steele led the Republican National Committee from 2009 to 2011. He joins a growing list of Republican officials who have said they will not support their party’s nominee.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time