Tom Cruise has been in the game for decades—and has racked up quite a cinematic body of work in that time, from comedy (Tropic Thunder) to sci-fi (War of the Worlds) to action (Mission Impossible) and plenty of others.
On Wednesday night, Late Late Show host James Corden took the upcoming Jack Reacher sequel star on a rapid trip down memory lane as the two reenacted unforgettable scenes from Cruise’s expansive and genre-crossing oeuvre.
With a hardworking green screen to back up their antics, the duo took on everything from Cocktail to The Last Samurai (an apron, tied at the waist, doubling as a costume for both). There are wigs, bomber jackets, and tight black pants, and Cuba Gooding Jr. even makes a cameo for the Jerry Maguire part. In less than ten minutes, you’ll remember why Cruise—who seems to be having way too much fun with the skit—is still one of the iconic movie stars of our age.
Take a spin through his career, above.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement