Tom Cruise has been in the game for decades—and has racked up quite a cinematic body of work in that time, from comedy (Tropic Thunder) to sci-fi (War of the Worlds) to action (Mission Impossible) and plenty of others.
On Wednesday night, Late Late Show host James Corden took the upcoming Jack Reacher sequel star on a rapid trip down memory lane as the two reenacted unforgettable scenes from Cruise’s expansive and genre-crossing oeuvre.
With a hardworking green screen to back up their antics, the duo took on everything from Cocktail to The Last Samurai (an apron, tied at the waist, doubling as a costume for both). There are wigs, bomber jackets, and tight black pants, and Cuba Gooding Jr. even makes a cameo for the Jerry Maguire part. In less than ten minutes, you’ll remember why Cruise—who seems to be having way too much fun with the skit—is still one of the iconic movie stars of our age.
Take a spin through his career, above.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body