Donald Trump called Hillary Clinton a “nasty woman” at the final presidential debate.
During a discussion of entitlement reform, Clinton jabbed Trump for avoiding paying income tax for a number of years.
“We need to put more more money into the Social Security trust fund,” she said. “That’s part of my commitment to raise taxes on the wealthy. My Social Security payroll contribution will go up, as will Donald’s, assuming he can’t figure out how to get out of it.”
Trump interjected: “Such a nasty woman.”
Earlier in the debate, Trump had avoided making just that kind of comment, when in a discussion of Vladimir Putin he said the Russian leader has “has no respect for this person.”
Clinton’s Twitter account was quick to call Trump out for the phrasing, while someone went ahead and registered a vanity URL that redirects to her campaign page.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow