During an interview with Maria Shriver that aired on the Today show Wednesday, Cher spoke about her struggle with accepting herself in her mature years. Given her devoted fans, it may be surprising to hear her lukewarm feelings about…herself.
“I’ve never really been in love with Cher. She’s all right, but I’m not a huge fan…I’m not a Cher fan,” she said. “I just don’t know how to accept [my age]. I don’t want to either – but I don’t really know how to. I look in the mirror, and I see this old lady looking back at me. And I have no idea how she got there.”
However, she isn’t letting any self-esteem issues interfere with her musical career. “I say you have to be like a bumper car and you hit the wall, and you back up, and you go a different way — and then you go at the wall again,” she said. “The only thing I know is not to give up. I don’t know anything else.”
Read more at Today.com.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time