The Walking Dead returns for the premiere of its seventh season Sunday, which means it’s high time for a recap of everything that has happened to Rick Grimes and the rest of the crew over the past six years. Luckily — for those who don’t have four days to devote to binge-watching all 83 episodes — British comedy legend John Cleese is here to give viewers a 4-minute rundown of the events of the zombie apocalypse.
The Monty Python alum even supplies some rules for fans to remember as they watch the AMC drama such as, “Zombies are not called zombies,” and, “There are no safe places.”
Watch the full video below.
“The Day Will Come When You Won’t Be,” the first episode of The Walking Dead’s seventh season airs Sunday at 9 p.m. EST on AMC.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time