Jimmy Kimmel continued his streak of poking fun at the hype surrounding the drop of a new line of Kanye West’s Yeezy shoes Tuesday night, showing a clip on Live! in which his crew pranked random passerby with the non-existent Yeezy Boost 2000.
The sneakers — which were embellished with fake fur and a compass — were widely believed to be Ye’s latest release, with several of the self-described Yeezy fans even accepting that they included features such as edible shoelaces and suede that was “specifically designed to feel like Kim [Kardashian]’s backside.”
In reality, the pair had been purchased for $12.50 from a store in Chinatown.
Watch the full clip above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve