Jimmy Kimmel continued his streak of poking fun at the hype surrounding the drop of a new line of Kanye West’s Yeezy shoes Tuesday night, showing a clip on Live! in which his crew pranked random passerby with the non-existent Yeezy Boost 2000.
The sneakers — which were embellished with fake fur and a compass — were widely believed to be Ye’s latest release, with several of the self-described Yeezy fans even accepting that they included features such as edible shoelaces and suede that was “specifically designed to feel like Kim [Kardashian]’s backside.”
In reality, the pair had been purchased for $12.50 from a store in Chinatown.
Watch the full clip above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time