July’s Republican National Convention seems like a quaint memory at this point, so you may have forgotten the time “Melania Trump” — a.k.a. the Tony-winning actress Laura Benanti — popped by The Late Show to discuss her “plagiarism scandal” with Stephen Colbert.
On Tuesday night, Benanti was back in character to stand up for Donald, who in recent weeks has taken a media battering following damning accusations of sexual misconduct.
“My husband is kind. He is a gentleman,” she says, in a loosely Eastern European accent, on the subject of the accusations. But it’s hard to do her comedy justice in words, since the humor really lies in Benanti’s spot-on impersonation.
Watch it above.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out