In a move that’s either terrifying or maniacally clever, a Wisconsin man has been flying a menacing, dementor-esque figure via drone, thus upping the ante when it comes to Halloween pranks this year.
Twitter user Zac Crueger posted photos of a flying skeletal figure cloaked in black, which many identified with the bone-chilling dementors from Harry Potter; it turns out that the man behind the prank was none other than his uncle, who’s been flying the dementor drone around southern Wisconsin.
Naturally, people reacted accordingly to the now-viral Halloween trick, with some even worried that it might be a real person hanging from the drone.
Crueger took to his Twitter to reassure people that it wasn’t a real person and that a video of it will be coming soon. Until the video comes, it might be worth taking the recently released patronus quiz on Pottermore, just in case.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma