Donald Trump Suggests Hillary Clinton Used Drugs in Last Debate
Offered without evidence during a campaign rally in Portsmouth, N.H., Trump said that he and Clinton are “like athletes” and should undergo drug tests before the final debate on Wednesday.
“We’re like athletes,” he said. “So athletes…they make them take a drug test. I think we should take a drug test prior to the debate,” he continued, adding, “Because, I don’t know what’s going on with her.” He added that he would submit to such a test.
Speaking of Clinton’s performance in Sunday’s debate in St. Louis, Trump claimed her performance was uneven and suggested she was under the influence of some sort of substance. “She was all pumped up at the beginning and at the end, it was like, ‘take me down,'” Trump said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart