Offered without evidence during a campaign rally in Portsmouth, N.H., Trump said that he and Clinton are “like athletes” and should undergo drug tests before the final debate on Wednesday.
“We’re like athletes,” he said. “So athletes…they make them take a drug test. I think we should take a drug test prior to the debate,” he continued, adding, “Because, I don’t know what’s going on with her.” He added that he would submit to such a test.
Speaking of Clinton’s performance in Sunday’s debate in St. Louis, Trump claimed her performance was uneven and suggested she was under the influence of some sort of substance. “She was all pumped up at the beginning and at the end, it was like, ‘take me down,'” Trump said.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow