Hollywood’s reigning sweetheart Emma Stone can act. She can sing. She can dance. And, apparently, she can also play the tambourine—and play it well enough to appear onstage with the percussion instrument during a Prince performance.
In her new cover interview for Vogue, the La La Land star shared an unexpected tidbit as she recalled her busy winter last year in New York. She appeared during Saturday Night Live‘s star-studded 40th anniversary special, and then attended an apparently very lively after party at the city’s iconic Plaza Hotel.
“I’d taken off my shoes to dance because I am one of those people who dance at parties,” Stone told Vogue. “And I stepped in broken glass. It was embedded into my heel. I walked off and was bleeding all over the place… And then 60 seconds later, one of the SNL people was like, ‘Prince is onstage. Do you want to go on and play the tambourine?’”
And so she did. Emma Stone: the multi-hyphenate we should all aspire to emulate.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.