Hollywood’s reigning sweetheart Emma Stone can act. She can sing. She can dance. And, apparently, she can also play the tambourine—and play it well enough to appear onstage with the percussion instrument during a Prince performance.
In her new cover interview for Vogue, the La La Land star shared an unexpected tidbit as she recalled her busy winter last year in New York. She appeared during Saturday Night Live‘s star-studded 40th anniversary special, and then attended an apparently very lively after party at the city’s iconic Plaza Hotel.
“I’d taken off my shoes to dance because I am one of those people who dance at parties,” Stone told Vogue. “And I stepped in broken glass. It was embedded into my heel. I walked off and was bleeding all over the place… And then 60 seconds later, one of the SNL people was like, ‘Prince is onstage. Do you want to go on and play the tambourine?’”
And so she did. Emma Stone: the multi-hyphenate we should all aspire to emulate.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement