Hollywood’s reigning sweetheart Emma Stone can act. She can sing. She can dance. And, apparently, she can also play the tambourine—and play it well enough to appear onstage with the percussion instrument during a Prince performance.
In her new cover interview for Vogue, the La La Land star shared an unexpected tidbit as she recalled her busy winter last year in New York. She appeared during Saturday Night Live‘s star-studded 40th anniversary special, and then attended an apparently very lively after party at the city’s iconic Plaza Hotel.
“I’d taken off my shoes to dance because I am one of those people who dance at parties,” Stone told Vogue. “And I stepped in broken glass. It was embedded into my heel. I walked off and was bleeding all over the place… And then 60 seconds later, one of the SNL people was like, ‘Prince is onstage. Do you want to go on and play the tambourine?’”
And so she did. Emma Stone: the multi-hyphenate we should all aspire to emulate.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time