Former presidential candidate Ben Carson said that “it doesn’t matter” if the women accusing Trump’s of sexual assault are telling the truth.
“It doesn’t matter whether they’re lying or not,” Carson, a Trump supporter and adviser, said in an appearance on Morning Joe Friday. “What matters is that the train is going off the cliff. We’re taking our eye off of that and we’re getting involved in other issues that should be taken care of later.”
In the same interview, Carson snapped at journalist Katty Kay when repeatedly asked if he believed Trump’s accusers are lying. “Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop” Carson repeated as he and Kay talked over each other. “Hey, can you turn her microphone off please?” he asked. “Turn her microphone off so I can talk.”
Trump has categorically denied all sexual assault allegations.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve