Internet celebrity, undecided voter and outerwear aficionado Ken Bone appears to be cashing in on his sudden rise to internet fame following his breakout appearance during last weekend’s presidential debate.
First came the Official Ken Bone T-Shirt™:
Now it looks like our pal Ken is getting some Uber money, too: (Update: An Uber spokesperson tells TIME that Bone received ride credits for this message. The spokesperson did not answer questions about whether the message should have been labeled as an advertisement.)
There’s even a Sexy Undecided Voter Halloween costume modeled after Bone, though it doesn’t look like he’s getting a slice of that particular pie.
Ken’s cashing in is reminiscent of Chewbacca Lady, the suburban mom who was given a boatload of free stuff and invited on national television after her Facebook Live went viral.
Some people may accuse Bone of selling out. Our call? Good for him. After all, this kind of entrepreneurship is at the root of the American dream. And it’s mighty hard to make money from the Internet. Enjoy the cash flow while it lasts, Ken!
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now