Internet celebrity, undecided voter and outerwear aficionado Ken Bone appears to be cashing in on his sudden rise to internet fame following his breakout appearance during last weekend’s presidential debate.
First came the Official Ken Bone T-Shirt™:
Now it looks like our pal Ken is getting some Uber money, too: (Update: An Uber spokesperson tells TIME that Bone received ride credits for this message. The spokesperson did not answer questions about whether the message should have been labeled as an advertisement.)
There’s even a Sexy Undecided Voter Halloween costume modeled after Bone, though it doesn’t look like he’s getting a slice of that particular pie.
Ken’s cashing in is reminiscent of Chewbacca Lady, the suburban mom who was given a boatload of free stuff and invited on national television after her Facebook Live went viral.
Some people may accuse Bone of selling out. Our call? Good for him. After all, this kind of entrepreneurship is at the root of the American dream. And it’s mighty hard to make money from the Internet. Enjoy the cash flow while it lasts, Ken!
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science