Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will undoubtedly be two of this year’s most popular costumes come Oct. 31, but that’s not the only aspect of Halloween the 2016 election has crept into. As Americans have begun carving pumpkins for the upcoming holiday, presidential candidate jack o’lanterns have swept social media.
“When my friends and I carve pumpkins, we try and make them fun and relevant,” Kelsey Kruzel, the carver of a Clinton pumpkin, told the BBC. “With all the madness surrounding the election, we wanted to add a little humor to the mix.”
Trump pumpkins — dubbed “Trumpkins” — seem to be the more prominent trend, Dangerous Minds spotted.
Have a look at the carvings below:
But there’s definitely a fair share of Clinton creations as well:
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart