Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton will undoubtedly be two of this year’s most popular costumes come Oct. 31, but that’s not the only aspect of Halloween the 2016 election has crept into. As Americans have begun carving pumpkins for the upcoming holiday, presidential candidate jack o’lanterns have swept social media.
“When my friends and I carve pumpkins, we try and make them fun and relevant,” Kelsey Kruzel, the carver of a Clinton pumpkin, told the BBC. “With all the madness surrounding the election, we wanted to add a little humor to the mix.”
Trump pumpkins — dubbed “Trumpkins” — seem to be the more prominent trend, Dangerous Minds spotted.
Have a look at the carvings below:
But there’s definitely a fair share of Clinton creations as well:
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma