A steak house in Ann Arbor, Mich., saw its promotional deal backfire after Saturday’s Michigan-Rutgers football game.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House recently started a promotion offering Michigan fans a percentage off their total food bill equal to the final winning point differential, KHOU reports. But on Saturday, Michigan beat Rutgers 78-0 in the largest margin of victory since 1939, creating an unexpected result for the restaurant’s owners.
As of Sunday afternoon, the restaurant was already booked through Thursday, and it intends to continue the promotion until the end of the football season. But the promotion comes with some caveats, including that the deal is limited to 50% off.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive